Monday, March 1, 2010

Bake-A-Long #12 - Orange Sour Cream Cake


So, I didn't exactly follow the directions this week. First, I omitted the poppy seeds and second, I used orange zest/juice instead of lemon (that's what I had in my fridge).
It turned out great.


The pictures are lacking this week. As you can see, the cake stuck slightly, but I don't think anyone cares what the cake looks like when it is as tender and moist as this one was.
I was afraid that substituting the the lemon juice in the syrup for an orange syrup might make it too sweet. But the sweetness level turned out fine.
This will go on the bake again list and I do intend to follow the directions next time and give the lemon and poppy seeds a try.


6 comments:

  1. Such a great idea! I should try it with orange the next time too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm mmmmm mmmmm! The title alone had me! Gonna try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man.. it looks just as good without the poppy seeds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely version of the cake. I'll make a note of it.

    :)
    ButterYum

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh yum. Orange! I happened to make an orange poppy seeds butter cake over the wknd (not for HCB but a different recipe). Try popppy seeds with orange next time. Works really well too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, looks great! I like your flavor variation. Yum!

    ReplyDelete