Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Tarragon Egg Salad Sandwich


So Friday when I got home, I really wanted an egg salad sandwich. Just kidding. But really, I had never made an egg salad sandwich and didn't really understand why people made them. But, I had some eggs, some tarragon left over from another recipe and stumbled upon a Gourmet recipe for Tarragon Egg Salad. So, I thought I would give it a try.

Egg Salad
Gourmet via epicurious.com
Serves 6

8 large eggs
1/2 cup mayonnaise
3 tbsp finely chopped shallots
1 1/2 tbsp chopped tarragon
2 tsp white wine vinegar
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper

To hard boil eggs, cover with cold water by 1 in in pot and bring to a boil. Cover, take of heat, and let sit for 10 minutes. Drain, rinse with cold water, and then let sit in ice water for about 5 minutes.
Peel eggs and chop.

Stir eggs with remaining ingredients. Put between 2 slices of bread and dress with lettuce if desired.
The egg salad can be refrigerated for up to 1 day.

I have to say that I was quite impressed. For eggs and mayo, this sandwich was delicious. I might actually wake up one morning craving one. And maybe that morning all also learn not to delete pictures from my camera before I make sure they have uploaded. But no, I'm not bitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment