Sunday, April 19, 2009

Yummy in my Tummy Strawberry Cake


This one is for you Matt! This is an easy and yummy recipe for strawberry cake given to me from a friend from bible study.
For the cake you will need:

1 box of white cake mix
1 pack chopped frozen strawberries
1 box strawberry Jello
3/4 cup of vege oil
4 large eggs
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons of flour

Combine cake mix, Jello,
oil, flour and water and mix in electric mixer. Add in eggs one at a time then stir in half of the pack of frozen strawberries. Pour mixture evenly into 2 round baking pans. Bake at 350 (or use time recommedations on cake box).

For cake icing:

1 cup butter
2 lbs. powdered sugar, sifted (I actually used 1 and 1/2 lbs. and had plenty of icing)
the other 1/2 of the frozen strawberries

Beat room temp. butter on medium speed with an electric mixer for 20 seconds or until fluffy. Add powdered sugar and chopped berries, beating at low speed until creamy. You can add more sugar if frosting is too thins or more berries if too thick. I did not try this, but I think if you sing the Beatles tune Strawberry Fields Forever while making this cake it may actually turn out better. Just a thought...
Frost your cake ans she's ready to eat! Oh, and I garnished my cake with fresh strawberries and a mint sprig.

1 comment:

  1. Tttttt tasty tasty. I had a few bites of Matt's tonight, he's gonna bring the rest to work in the morning for breakfast. He says ththththth thanky thanky.

    ReplyDelete