Thursday, October 8, 2009

Lily's 4th Birthday Cake


This cake was made for my niece Lily's 4th birthday.  Lily is my sister Ashlie's daughter.  Lily had a few strict requirements for her cake decorations.  She wanted:

1.  Hearts
2.  1 Rainbow
3.  A white My Little Pony

A white My Little Pony figure was included, it was put on top at the last minute.  I think she approved. 
The cake was an old fashioned white cake, filled with 7 minute frosting and iced with cooked flour frosting.  Although I like to use the 7 minute frosting because it is easy and looks cool when you burn it with a blow torch (it browns like marshmallows), I would probably not fill a 2 tiered cake with it again because it slides.  The 6 inch cake on top was dyed with gel food color and each layer was baked individually in 6 inch pans.  The hearts were made from gum paste.  No recipe this time, just wanted to share some birthday cake fun.






No comments:

Post a Comment